With most salons across the country closed to stop the spread of ovid-19, and many women protecting their hair in their own way, the five tips below are the ones our research found common to many black women.
- Remove your braids, twist. Wash your hair first, add the oil to the roots of your hair and brush it out completely. And fluff your hair as much as possible.
- Wash your hair to remove excess oil, dirt, sweat and dust. If you don't like washing, you can use a combination shampoo and conditioner, you'll skip a step because this product will help you wash your hair as quickly as possible. Also keeps your hair naturally hydrated as this product is a gentle daily cleanser and scalp.
- Condition your hair. Now is the perfect time to use a quality deep conditioner. You can add any oil you may have (olive, avocado, coconut, grapeseed, almond) to your conditioner, then put a plastic cap on your head and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse and use moisturizer.
- Make sure to moisturize and oil your hair and scalp 12 times a week. It can be applied directly to your hair or you can use a comb dipped in oil to lightly brush your scalp, perfect for those with dry scalp.
- Comb your product through your hair. You can leave it in its natural curl or twist it in two strands from there. If you like your hair a little stretched, you can also do a braid. Let it air dry overnight and remove it the next day. These steps can help you maintain healthy and happy hair during COVID-19.